takeCHARGE has rebates that can help you save energy in every room of your home. You may be eligible for the following rebates:
Home Energy Evaluation
A home energy evaluation is a useful tool to help understand how much energy your home uses and find ways to reduce your bill. It involves a qualified energy evaluator coming to your home to perform an in-depth assessment of your home’s energy performance. The evaluator will make recommendations for how to make your home more energy efficient. There are several companies in Newfoundland and Labrador that perform this service:
Energy Efficient Upgrades
- Insulation –Make sure you have enough insulation in your basement and attic. You may be eligible for a takeCHARGE rebate of up to $1,000 for each area. Insulation will keep your home comfortable and can save you thousands on heating costs.
- Windows – If you need to replace your windows look for the ENERGY STAR® certification. ENERGY STAR windows, doors and skylights can decrease your energy costs by about 6% saving you about $75 a year.
- Appliances – Add energy efficient appliances to your renovation list. You can get $100 back on eligible freezers and washers. Find an eligible model.
- Lighting – Look for energy efficient lighting as you choose fixtures and bulbs. Efficient lighting comes in a variety of sizes, shapes and styles. Consider purchasing ENERGY STAR® light fixtures and bulbs. Install dimmers to set the mood and save energy. Get Instant Rebates on these products and more during Instant Rebate campaigns.
- Weathering Proofing – Seal gaps and cracks around windows, vents and exterior doors with caulking. Use weather stripping to seal gaps around doors and windows. Use foam gaskets under electric switches and outlets to reduce stop drafts in their tracks and inspect your door sweeps to see if they need to be replaced.