LED High Bay
- Save on electricity costs – Every metal halide fixture you have can cost you an extra $65 to $100 a year in electricity costs. Switch to LED and start saving every month. LED fixtures use about half as much energy and can pay for themselves in less than four years.
- Cut maintenance costs – Don’t lose money and waste man hours replacing fixtures and renting lifts. LED fixtures can last up to 15 years or 100,000 hours. Metal halides only last about 20,000 hours or three years.
- Don’t be caught in the dark – Standard high bay lights can take up to 15 minutes to fully light the room when turned on. This wait can slow down productivity and cause safety issues. This is not an issue with LED high bay fixtures. You will save energy just by being able to turn the lights on and off more frequently, without having to worry about the warm up period. LED’s can also be used with occupancy sensors.
- Better lighting performance. Provide higher quality light output, colour rendering and higher maintained light levels.
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building. Applies to retrofits only.
The high bay LED fixture must be replacing a metal halide 250 watt or 400 watt high intensity discharge (HID) fixture and be listed on The DesignLights Consortium (DLC) qualified product list.
Fixtures must be purchased on or after August 1, 2016 and used at a commercial property.
HOW TO BUY & INSTALL
You can purchase eligible high bay LED fixtures at a local lighting distributor or online. Just make sure that the fixtures meet the eligibility criteria.
Keep your receipt and the manufacturer product specification sheets. You will need to submit a copy with your application.
We recommend that you have a qualified electrician install your light fixtures.
Service NL maintains a listing of electrical contractors that are eligible to obtain a permit to do electrical work in Newfoundland and Labrador. Visit Service NL for a list of active electrical contractors in the province.
HOW TO APPLY
Once your LED high bay fixtures are installed, you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
- Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt and product specification sheets with your application.
- Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
- Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the fixture installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to Maximize you Energy Savings
- If you are replacing lighting fixtures, it’s the perfect time to consider a lighting redesign to determine optimum lighting levels. Your fixture supplier can often do this at no charge.
- Turn off the lights after hours. You can also use lighting timers to do it for you automatically.
- Consider fixtures that can be paired with occupancy sensors to further increase savings.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.