LED High Bay
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building. Applies to retrofits only.
The high bay LED fixture must be replacing a metal halide 250 watt or 400 watt high intensity discharge (HID) fixture and be listed on The DesignLights Consortium (DLC) qualified product list.
Fixtures must be purchased on or after August 1, 2016 and used at a commercial property.
HOW TO BUY & INSTALL
You can purchase eligible high bay LED fixtures at a local lighting distributor or online. Just make sure that the fixtures meet the eligibility criteria.
Keep your receipt and the manufacturer product specification sheets. You will need to submit a copy with your application.
We recommend that you have a qualified electrician install your light fixtures.
HOW TO APPLY
Once your LED high bay fixtures are installed, you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
• Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt and product specification sheets with your application.
• Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
• Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the fixture installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to Maximize you Energy Savings
- If you are replacing lighting fixtures, it’s the perfect time to consider a lighting redesign to determine optimum lighting levels. Your fixture supplier can often do this at no charge.
- Turn off the lights after hours. You can also use lighting timers to do it for you automatically.
- Consider fixtures that can be paired with occupancy sensors to further increase savings.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.