LED Light Bulbs
- Cut your electricity costs – ENERGY STAR® LEDs use at least 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs. You can save up to $6 annually on your electricity costs for each bulb you replace. An LED bulb will typically pay for itself in less than a year.
- Save on replacement bulbs – Don’t lose money and waste man hours replacing bulbs. LED bulbs can last up to 30,000 hours – that’s nine years if you use your lights for eight hours a day. These long lasting bulbs are also convenient for hard to reach places.
- Easy to install – Saving energy can be as easy as screwing in a lighting bulb.
- Better lighting performance. LEDs come on instantly, are dimmable, maintain light levels over time and provide higher quality light output and colour rendering.
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building. Applies to retrofits only.
The LED lamp must be screw in or pin based and must be ENERGY STAR certified.
Lights must be purchased on or after August 1, 2016 and used at a commercial property.
HOW TO BUY & INSTALL
You can purchase eligible LED lamps at a local lighting distributor or online. Just make sure the lamps meet the eligibility criteria.
Keep your receipt. You will need to submit a copy with your application showing the model number.
HOW TO APPLY
Once the LED lamps are installed you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
• Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt with your application.
• Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
• Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the lamp installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to Maximize your Energy Savings
- Turn off the lights after hours. You can also use lighting timers to do it for you automatically.
- Choose bulbs that can be paired with occupancy sensors to further increase savings.
- Consider dimmable light bulbs and a dimmer switch that is compatible with the type of bulb you are using.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.