Rooftop Air Source Heat Pumps
What is a Rooftop Air Source Heat Pump?
Rooftop Air Source Heat pumps warm or cool your business by moving heat from one area to another. Located on the roof of your business, they are able to extract heat from the outside air even when it’s cold.
A heat pump can heat and cool your business using much less energy than electric resistance rooftop systems. That’s because the process involves moving heat that already exists rather than generating it.
Get back $300 per ton with a takeCHARGE rebate – Roof top heat pumps are five tones on average. For a five ton system, you’d get $1,500 back when you upgrade.
To be eligible your business must have an active commercial electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building.
- Must be purchased on or after May 1, 2017.
HOW TO BUY AND INSTALL
HOW TO APPLY
Once the Rooftop Air Source Heat Pump is installed, you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
How to Maximize your Energy Savings
• Ensure that the unit is clear of snow in the winter months.
• Air handler filters must be regularly cleaned or changed.
• Follow manufacturers’ instructions for regular maintenance requirements.
• Check fan belts for wear, tear and tension according to manufacturer’s requirements.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.