More charging options than ever before.
We’re adding 38 electric vehicle (EV) chargers to Newfoundland and Labrador’s expanding network. Each takeCHARGE charging site will have a Direct Current Fast Charger (Fast Charger) and Level 2 charger. The chargers will be installed over the next several months, with many expected to be available throughout the summer. You will be able to go further with more charging options than ever before.
Most charging is typically done at home, but there are a growing number of places to charge your EV on the go including the takeCHARGE Electric Vehicle Charging Network. You’ll find stations conveniently located near amenities such as shopping, restaurants, and accommodations. It’s a great time to hit the road in your EV!
Find a fast charging station.
There’s one closer than you think.
stations offer a
fast charger and
level 2 charger.
Rate of Charge (Up to)
100 km / 20 mins
30 km / 60 mins
Cost to Charge*
$3.75 / 15 mins
$1.50 / 60 mins
For more information about the different types of EV chargers, visit Charging & Maintenance.
Create an account to get started.
First thing’s first – you need a ChargePoint account.
Sign up for a free account, then download the app.
The ChargePoint app is available for download on both iPhone and Android devices. Click here to learn about using tap to charge with the ChargePoint app. The app can also help you find available stations and can notify you when a station opens up.
Make sure you ask for a free ChargePoint card when signing up for your account. A physical card is good to have as a backup if you ever find yourself without a phone.
Ready, Set, Charge!
Tap your phone on the station (while signed in to the ChargePoint app).
- Tap your ChargePoint card on the station.
- Tap the orange “Start Charge” button on the station details page in the ChargePoint mobile app.
- Push the button on the connector and lift the connector out of the charger.
- Plug the connector into your EV to start charging.
- Check to make sure your EV is charging. Many EVs have an indicator light.
Take it easy
- Take advantage of the nearby amenities as your EV charges.
- ChargePoint will notify you through the app when your EV is finished charging.
- Once fully charged, you will have ten minutes to unplug your EV to make room for other drivers. After ten minutes you will continue to be charged at the same rate until you move your car.
Hit the road
- Tap your mobile device or ChargePoint card over the charger to end the session.
- Unplug the connector and return it to the charger.
- ChargePoint will send you a receipt by email, and to the ChargePoint app.
- Now you’re ready to go EVerywhere.
100 Trans-Canada Highway
248 Confederation Dr, Bonavista, NL A0C 1B0
Shell Gas Station
74 Powell Dr, Carbonear, NL A1Y 1A5
Irving Oil (Confederation Drive)
8 Confederation Drive
62-102 Trans-Canada Highway
In Da Loop Restaurant
410 412 Main Hwy, Fermeuse, NL A0A 2G0
100 Trans-Canada Highway
Splash N Putt Resort
Traytown, NL A0G 4K0
162 Trans Canada
3 Liam Hickey Drive
Brittany Inns Hotel
373 Main St, Lewisporte, NL A0G 3A0
Marystown Hotel and Convention Centre
180-190 Ville Marie Dr, Marystown, NL A0E 2M0
Paradise Town Hall
28 McNamara Dr, Paradise, NL A1L 1Y5
Port aux Basques
1 High Street
Rudy’s Restaurant & Gas Bar
42 Blackmore’s Road
Port Rexton Foodex
NL-230, Port Rexton, NL A0C 2H0
Route 1 (2 Kilometres East of Robinsons Junction)
33 W Link
48 Aspen St, South Brook, NL A0J 1S0
44 Queen St
The Shoppes at Galway
42 Danny Drive, St. John’s
Ryan’s Value Foods
Main Road, St. Mary’s
110 Main Rd, Trepassey, NL A0A 4B0
679 Whitbourne Road
Pike’s Service Station
142 Tableland Drive, Birchy Head, NL A0K 1K0
Donald Gordon Centre
1 Lobstick Place
Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins
193 Main St, Cow Head, NL A0K 2A0
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro’s Flower’s Cove Line Depot
Happy Valley-Goose Bay
Royal Inn & Suites
3 Royal St, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
Labrador City Mall
500 Vanier Ave, Labrador City, NL A2V 2W7
Port Au Choix
Port Au Choix Town Office
119 Fisher St, Port au Choix, NL A0K 4C0
97 Major Street
Outdoor Shoppe Sales and Rentals Inc.
46 West St, St. Anthony, NL A0K 4S0