*$3 per lamp up to 30% of the pre-tax cost
- Save on electricity costs – An LED lamp can use up to 60% less energy than a similar fluorescent bulb.
- Easy to install – You can install these lamps yourself if the fixture has a compatible ballast.
- Cut maintenance costs – Don’t lose money and waste person hours replacing lamps. LED Lamps last at least 50,000 hours and DLC certified lamps come with a minimum 5-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Better lighting performance – Provide higher quality light output, colour rendering and higher maintained light levels.
To be eligible your business must have an active commercial electricity account and reside in an existing building. Applies to retrofits only.
How to Buy & Install
You can purchase eligible LED Tube lamps at a local lighting distributor, online or at any retailer selling products that meet the program requirements. Your lighting distributor is a great starting point for finding the right energy-efficient lighting for your business.
Just make sure that the lamps meet the eligibility criteria.
Keep your receipt. You will need to submit a copy with your application showing the model number.
Service NL maintains a listing of electrical contractors that are eligible to obtain a permit to do electrical work in Newfoundland and Labrador. Visit Service NL for a list of active electrical contractors in the province.
The lamp must be classified as linear T8 or T5 LED, be DLC Certified ,4-foot in length and rated for use with external ballasts. Internal driver lamps are not eligible for a rebate.
T5 LED tubes must be replacing 54W fluorescent tubes.
T8 tubes must be purchased on or after August 1, 2018. T5 tubes must be purchased on or after August 1, 2020.
How to Apply
Once your LED lamps are installed you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt with your application.
Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the lighting installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to maximize your energy savings?
- If you are replacing lighting fixtures, it’s the perfect time to consider a lighting redesign to determine optimum lighting levels. The proper design may require less lighting energy.
- Turn off the lights after hours. You can also use lighting timers to do it for you automatically.
- Choose fixtures and ballasts that can be paired with occupancy sensors to further increase savings.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.