- Save up to 40% on lighting costs.
- Lights conveniently come on when needed, which can be helpful in areas where employees may have their hands full.
- Help keep your employees healthy with no-touch lighting in areas such as restrooms.
How to Get a Rebate
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building.
What to Look For
- Occupancy sensors must be used for a commercial property.
- Your occupancy sensors must have been purchased on or after November 1, 2013.
How to Buy & Install
You can purchase eligible occupancy sensors at a local retailer or online.
Keep your receipt. You will need to submit a copy with your application.
We recommend that you have a qualified electrician install your occupancy sensors.
Service NL maintains a listing of electrical contractors that are eligible to obtain a permit to do electrical work in Newfoundland and Labrador. Visit Service NL for a list of active electrical contractors in the province.
How to Apply
Once your occupancy sensors are installed you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
- Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt with your application.
- Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
- Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the occupancy sensor installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to Maximize your Energy Savings
- Pair your occupancy sensors with energy efficient LED lighting. LED lighting can save you 35% on your lighting costs.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.