We’re excited to announce a new tool to help you reduce your electricity use.
Get new insight into how your home uses electricity and personalized energy saving advice at takechargeofmyhomenl.ca. We’ll help you understand how your usage changes over time, as well as how you compare to similar homes in your area.
Complete five online challenges by November 11th, 2018 for your chance to WIN* one of two $250 gift cards! Here’s how to enter:
- Make sure you’re signed up at TakeChargeOfMyHomeNL.ca. While you’re there, confirm the details of your home to help us personalize your energy saving advice and ensure you get the most relevant information online and on upcoming Home Energy Reports.
- Be sure to check your email for a new challenge each week from September 12 to November 11.
- Completed five challenges by November 11th and you’ll automatically be entered to WIN!
- Save energy with each challenge you complete!
Don’t worry if you get started late – you can play catchup by completing past challenges!
Sign up today!
- See how your home uses electricity.
- Get personalized energy saving tips.
- Create a custom energy savings plan.
- Ask questions to our energy experts.
- Get weekly challenges.
- Check back each month to get updates on how your usage compares to similar homes.
- Most importantly, complete your home profile – This will ensure that we are giving you the most relevant energy saving advice for your home.
Step 1: Get Your Electricity Utility Account Number.
You’ll need your Newfoundland Power or Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro Account Number and postal code to sign up.
- Newfoundland Power customer? You can find your number in the upper right corner of your paper bill and on the second row of your ebill summary.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro customer? You can find your account number in the upper left hand corner of your paper bill.
Step 2. Create Your Account.
- Enter your last name, account number and postal code.
- Your email will be your username. Once you create a password we will send you an email verification.
- Click on the email to confirm it’s you.
Step 3. Sign in and Complete Your Home Profile.
- Updating your home profile will make sure you get the most out of MyHome.
- It only takes about 5 minutes and will ensure that we are giving you the most relevant information and energy saving advice.
Step 4: Take Charge of Your Energy use!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you choose similar homes used in my comparison?
Your household’s usage is compared to similar homes in the area based on details such as home age and heating fuel. Sign up and complete your home profile to ensure that we have the most up to date information about your home and are giving you the most relevant comparison information and energy saving advice.
I notice my electricity use is shown in kWh. What is a kWh?
A kilowatt-hour (kWh) is a universal unit of measure for electricity use. One 100-watt incandescent light bulb left on for 10 hours consumes one kWh of electricity (100 watts x 10 hours = 1,000 watt-hours = 1 kWh).
Is my home’s electricity information being shared with other customers?
No. This information is for your use alone. All of the comparison information, including yours, is compiled anonymously to create your profile. Your specific information and home characteristics are not shared with others.
What if I have more questions or want to correct my household data?
You can update your household data at TakeChargeNL.ca/MyHome. You can send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call:
- Newfoundland Power 1-800-663-2802
- Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro 1-888-737-1296
How did you get my data?
Your data was collected through a number of sources. It is based on your utility account information and consumption, as well as public sources of demographic information such as your local assessor’s office.
You also have access to more FAQs when you login at TakeChargeNL.ca/MyHome.