LED Exit Sign and Retrofit Kit
LED Exit Sign:
- Save on electricity costs – Every non-LED exit sign you have can cost you an extra $20 a year in electricity costs. Make the switch to LED and start saving every month.
- Cut maintenance costs – Don’t lose money and waste man hours replacing bulbs. LED exit signs last for up to 12 years or 100,000 hours! That’s over a decade between bulb changes.
- Improve safety – Long lasting LED exit signs also decrease the risk of having signs out of service in an emergency situation, increasing safety.
LED Exit Sign Retrofit Kit:
- Retrofit kits provide an easy and extremely cost effective way to upgrade your exit signs, while getting the long life and energy saving benefits of a new fixture.
- Cost effective – After the takeCHARGE rebate, the cost of an LED retrofit kit is often less than $10. An LED upgrade can save you $20 a year on your electricity costs, so it can pay for itself in six months!
- Easy to install – You can install the kit yourself. It’s as easy as changing a light bulb!
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing building. Applies to retrofit only. .
How to Buy & Install
You can purchase eligible LED Exit Signs and LED Exit Sign retro fit kits at a local lighting distributor, online or at any retailer selling products that meet the program requirements. Your lighting distributor is a great starting point for finding the right energy efficient lighting for your business.
Keep your receipt. You will need to submit a copy with your application.
We recommend that you have a qualified electrician install your LED Exit Sign fixture. Installing a retrofit kit only involves replacing a light bulb and does not require an electrician.
Service NL maintains a listing of electrical contractors that are eligible to obtain a permit to do electrical work in Newfoundland and Labrador. Visit Service NL for a list of active electrical contractors in the province.
LED Exit Signs and LED Exit Sign retro fit kits must be replacing existing fixtures and must be used for commercial property.
The rebate will not exceed the pre-tax cost of the LED Exit Sign or Retrofit Kit.
Your Exit Signs must have been purchased on or after August 1, 2016.
How To Apply
Once your LED Exit Sign or LED Exit Sign retrofit kits are installed you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt with your application. Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the LED exit sign installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was process
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.