To be eligible, your business must have an active commercial electricity account and reside in an existing building. Applies to retrofits only.
The luminaire must be replacing an existing fluorescent tube (either T8 or T12) fixture and DLC Certified.
LED luminaires must be purchased on or after August 1, 2020 and used at a commercial property.
How to Buy & Install
You can purchase eligible LED luminaires at a local lighting distributor, online or at any retailer selling products that meet the program requirements. Your lighting distributor is a great starting point for finding the right energy-efficient lighting for your business.
Just make sure that the fixtures meet the eligibility criteria.
Keep your receipt and the manufacturer product specification sheets. You will need to submit a copy with your application showing the model number.
Service NL maintains a listing of electrical contractors that are eligible to obtain a permit to do electrical work in Newfoundland and Labrador. Visit Service NL for a list of active electrical contractors in the province.
How to Apply
Once your LED luminaires are installed, you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
- Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt and product specification sheets with your application.
- Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
- Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the fixture installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to maximize your energy savings?
- When replacing lighting fixtures, it’s the perfect time to consider a lighting redesign to determine optimum lighting levels. The proper design may require less lighting energy.
- Turn off the lights after hours. You can also use lighting timers to do it for you automatically.
- Choose fixtures that can be paired with occupancy sensors to further increase savings.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.