- You can save 10% or more on your heating costs.
- Improve customer and employee comfort.
- Enjoy the convenience of not having to turn the heat up and down – set it and forget it!
***Recall Notice*** Please note that there is a Health Canada recall on various models of digital line voltage thermostats. Learn more.
How to Get a Rebate
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building.
What to Look For
- Units must be replacing existing thermostats used for electric heat and must be used for a commercial property.
- Thermostats must have a setting precision of +/- 0.5 degrees Celsius.
- New smart-thermostats are also eligible. They can be controlled by a smart phone, tablet or computer, which makes it easy to program and track your energy use.
- Your thermostats must have been purchased on or after November 1, 2013.
How to Buy & Install
You can purchase eligible programmable thermostats at a local retailer or online.
Keep your receipt. You will need to submit a copy with your application.
We recommend that you have a qualified electrician install your thermostats.
How to Apply
Once your thermostats are installed you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
- Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt with your application.
- Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
- Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the thermostat installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to Maximize your Energy Savings
- Set back the heat when your business is unoccupied. Turning down the heat 5°C saves you 10% on heating costs.
- To maximize comfort and savings, program your thermostats to heat up your facility about 30 minutes before opening time.
- Your programmable thermostats may need to be reset after a power outage so check to make sure your settings are still in place.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.