Luminary Awards Terms and Conditions
- Achievements in energy efficiency and corresponding electrical (kWh) savings must have taken place within the province in the last 36 months from September 2016 to September 2019.
- Must have a Newfoundland Power or Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro electrical account in good standing.
- Nominations and Entries for an Award
- The Luminary Awards are open to anyone within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. People can either nominate themselves, their company, someone else or a company they feel deserves the recognition.
- Nominations can be submitted through this online form, by scanning and emailing a printed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing the completed form to takeCHARGE, PO Box 8910, 55 Kenmount Road, St. John’s, NL A1B 3P6.
- The Nomination Registration Deadline for the 2019 Luminary Awards is September 13, 2019.
- Applicants can register a nomination up until the published Nomination Deadline.
- All nominees will be considered based on the information available to the judges at the point of the Nomination Deadline being reached.
- Judges agree to act independently of any corporate interests or personal relationships they may have with any entrants.
- Judges will recuse themselves from judging any category of award where there may be perceived conflict of interest.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Any attempt to influence the decision of judges beyond the submitted application shall be deemed unfair and the application shall be excluded from the process.
The purpose of the Awards is to recognize those who have demonstrated best practices on energy efficiency. Special consideration will be given to:
- Have made a compelling impact in energy efficiency.
- Have demonstrated a strong commitment to advancing energy efficiency.
- Be a leader/mentor who helps to develop other future energy efficiency leaders and advocates.
- Have demonstrated quantifiable, cost-effective energy savings.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time and post the new version to our website.