Energy Efficiency Checklist for Businesses
Take a look around your business using this helpful checklist to see all the ways you can save!
- I’ve conducted a walkabout of my business to identify energy savings opportunities including unplugging unnecessary equipment and managing thermostat set points.
- I have implemented a start-up and shut down plan for equipment to cut idle time.
- I’ve unplugged unused and unnecessary equipment that can draw energy in my business.
- I’ve ensured that computers and other electronic equipment are using power management features and are plugged in using smart power strips.
- I regularly clean and change air filters and refrigeration cooling coils to maintain the equipment’s efficiency.
- I have spoken with employees about the importance of energy efficiency and to ensure that the whole team participates in energy efficiency activities in our workplace.
- I have checked if my refrigeration equipment is eligible to get ECM motors installed to improve their efficiency.
- I have installed water saving equipment such as high efficiency shower heads, faucet aerators and pre-rinse spray valves to reduce hot water consumption.
- I make sure that everyone turns off lights when leaving rooms or when areas are unoccupied such as on nights and weekends.
- I have switched the lights in our business (including exit signs) to more energy efficient LEDs.
- We have installed occupancy sensors in areas that are frequently unoccupied such as restrooms, supply rooms and warehouses.
- I regularly check unoccupied areas to ensure that thermostat temperatures are set back.
- I have replaced all dial thermostats with more efficient electronic or programmable thermostats.
- I have checked that all programmable thermostats are programmed correctly to ensure proper set back and heating times throughout the day.
For information on rebates and more ways to save in your business check out takechargenl.ca/business