It’s a FREE box of products for income-qualified customers that can be used in your home to reduce electricity costs.
You’re eligible if...
- You are the homeowner or renter and have an active electricity account.
- Your home must be on a permanent foundation and intended as a residence.
- Only homes with electric water heating are eligible for the Energy Savers Kit Program.
- Your annual family net income* must meet the income requirements listed below for the total number of people living in your household.
Are you Income Eligible?
Before moving forward with your application, please carefully review the following chart to ensure you meet the income eligibility requirement for this program. For your application to be approved, your annual family net income must meet the requirements listed below for the total number of people living in your household.
|Number of People Living in the Household||Net Income** of You and Your Spouse or Common-law Partner|
|1||$30,000 or less|
|2||$38,000 or less|
|3||$46,000 or less|
|4||$56,000 or less|
|5||$63,000 or less|
|6||$71,000 or less|
|7||$79,000 or less|
*Family net income is the applicant’s net income plus the net income of a spouse or common-law partner, if applicable. Please see line 23600 of your most recent notice of assessment to verify your net income.
**Based on Statistics Canada’s Income Cut Off levels.
Why Get a Kit?
The Energy Savers Kit contains products that help you:
- Save up to $100* on your electricity bill each year
- Save energy and money
- Keep your home cozy when the temperature drops
- Save on lighting costs
- Reduce hot water use
- Seal up drafts in your home
*Savings may vary.
How Do You Get a Free Kit?
It’s easy. First, make sure you qualify. Watch this video below to make sure you check all the boxes.
What’s In the Kit?
Your Energy Savers Kit may include the following:
- 3 ENERGY STAR® LED Light Bulbs
- Switch Insulators
- Outlet Insulators
- Draft Plugs
- Adhesive Foam Weatherstripping
- V Strip Weatherstripping
- Window Insulation Film Kit
- High Performance Showerhead
- Kitchen Faucet Aerator
- Bathroom Faucet Aerator
- Water Heater Pipe Wrap
The products in your kit are dependent on the type of heating source in your home.
4 Ways to Apply for a Kit
takeCHARGE Energy Savers Kit Customer Satisfaction Survey Contest
Participants of the Energy Savers Kit program will receive a satisfaction survey via email. Complete the survey for a chance to win! See official rules and regulations
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate the Kit Program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.