It’s Energy Efficiency Week! Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro will be showing homeowners and businesses how to save energy as part of the 6th annual takeCHARGE Energy Efficiency Week. takeCHARGE will help customers save energy and money with everyday tips and rebates for lighting, heating, weatherproofing, and much more!
“With winter on the way, this is the perfect time of year to look for opportunities to make
your home or business more energy efficient,” says Peter Upshall, Energy Management
Engineer, Newfoundland Power. “During Energy Efficiency Week, our goal is to help educate consumers about what actions they can take and what takeCHARGE rebates are available to help them save energy and money.”
“There are many options for improving energy efficiency – options that put money back in your pocket and help to improve the environment,” adds Barry Brophy, Manager of Energy Efficiency, Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. “We encourage everyone to visit a takeCHARGE event and learn more about our programs.”
Energy Efficiency Week also marks the launch of the fall event schedule for takeCHARGE. Customers will have a chance to win a $1,000 Extreme Lighting Makeover at Instant Rebate events throughout October and November.
There’s something for everyone. Stop by and visit the takeCHARGE team who will be
out and about at:
- Canadian Home Builders Association (CHBA) dinner (October 7);
- Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador trade show (Oct 9 – 10);
- Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association (NEIA) Newleaf Conference (October 10); and,
- Instant Rebate LED special events (October 18 and 25) in select Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro communities.
*For full details and a list of events, please visit TakeChargeNL.ca.
And with recent program updates it is easier than ever to save energy:
- Instant Rebates are Back (Runs October 1 – November 30)
For a limited time save instantly on energy efficient light bulbs and more at 98 participating retailers. Visit TakeChargeNL.ca for a full list of products and retailers.
- Warm up to a bigger insulation rebate – now get back up to $1,000.
Our insulation program is changing to serve you better! You can now receive a rebate for 75% of basement wall or basement ceiling insulation costs up to $1,000 and 50% of attic insulation costs up to $1,000.
- Celebrate year-round savings and up to $50,000 in rebates with the Business Efficiency Program. The Business Efficiency Program that launched in 2013 has a variety of options to meet each business’ unique needs, including complimentary energy assessments.
takeCHARGE is a joint initiative between Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro that is aimed at providing Newfoundlanders and Labradorians with information, tools and programs to assist them in using energy wisely. It is intended to encourage consumers to take charge and take action in their own homes and businesses to reduce the energy they use and save money. For more information visit TakeChargeNL.ca.