Make The Switch
2019 Request for Proposals
A key focus of Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro’s takeCHARGE program is to provide customers with information, tools and programs to help them be more energy efficient and reduce electricity costs.
As part of the Make the Switch giveaway, takeCHARGE has provided LED light bulbs to 25 non-profit organizations across the island to date. Some of these groups distributed the energy-efficient bulbs to individuals and families in their network, while others used the bulbs in their facilities to help reduce operational costs – helping these charities and those they support save energy and money!
Each partnership in this initiative provides unique opportunities for people to make the switch to LED bulbs. LEDs are great for both homes and businesses. These energy-efficient bulbs use at least 75% less energy and last on average 15 times longer than a traditional incandescent bulb.
In 2019, we are inviting non-profit organizations to submit proposals for support of their efforts to reduce operational lighting costs in their facilities or to help their members be more energy efficient through the use of LED bulbs. Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to, distributing bulbs to low-income housing units to assist residents in adopting energy-efficient technology or providing bulbs to people who may have challenges getting to a retail store.
1. Proposals should include the following:
- a description of the non-profit organization;
- contact name and email address;
- a short description of the project;
- how many ENERGY STAR® 9W A19 LED light bulbs are required; based on need from the various organizations that apply, we will do our best to fulfil the amount requested.
- other partners involved in the project;
- opportunities for our employees to provide hands-on support; and,
- any additional information that will support your proposal.
2. Proposals must be submitted by 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 13, 2019.
By email to MaketheSwitch@TakeChargeNL.ca