Make The Switch
2023 Request for Proposals
A key focus of Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro’s takeCHARGE program is to provide customers with information, tools and programs to help them be more energy efficient and reduce electricity costs.
As part of the Make the Switch giveaway, takeCHARGE has provided LED light bulbs to almost 100 non-profit organizations across the province to date. Some of these groups distributed the energy-efficient bulbs to individuals and families in their network, while others used the bulbs in their facilities to help reduce operational costs – helping these organizations and those they support save energy and money!
Each partnership in this initiative provides unique opportunities for people to make the switch to LED bulbs. LEDs are great for both homes and businesses. These energy-efficient bulbs use at least 75% less energy and last on average 15 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
In 2023, we are inviting non-profit organizations, and groups providing support within their communities, to submit proposals for LED light bulbs that will assist in their efforts to reduce costs and become more energy efficient.
This program helps with the adoption of energy-efficient technologies, for groups that may have difficulty doing it on their own.
- It is intended for groups such as low-income housing units, seniors 65+, single parent families, new immigrant families, people who may have challenges getting to a retail store, or those upgrading lighting in a facility to reduce costs. Please ensure your request meets these expectations.
- The number of available bulbs are limited and will be distributed at the discretion of the utility. We also reserve the right to limit the number of bulbs issued to each applicant. If being distributed to eligible households within a municipality, there will be a limit of 2 bulbs per eligible household.
Proposals should include the following:
1. contact name and email address;
2. a description of your non-profit or community organization;
3. a description of the project that includes the intended eligible recipients, the anticipated number of recipients and how the bulbs will be distributed and the benefits to the recipients;
4. number of ENERGY STAR® 9W A19 LED light bulbs requested.
5. other partners involved in the project; and,
6. any additional information that will support your proposal.
7. Proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 24, 2023. No specific document format is required for your proposal.