Make The Switch
2020 Request for Proposals
A key focus of Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro’s takeCHARGE program is to provide customers with information, tools and programs to help them be more energy efficient and reduce electricity costs.
As part of the Make the Switch giveaway, takeCHARGE has provided LED light bulbs to over 40 non-profit organizations across the province to date. Some of these groups distributed the energy-efficient bulbs to individuals and families in their network, while others used the bulbs in their facilities to help reduce operational costs – helping these organizations and those they support save energy and money!
Each partnership in this initiative provides unique opportunities for people to make the switch to LED bulbs. LEDs are great for both homes and businesses. These energy-efficient bulbs use at least 75% less energy and last on average 15 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
In 2020, we are inviting non-profit organizations and other groups providing support within their communities to submit proposals for support of their efforts to reduce operational lighting costs in their facilities or to help their members be more energy efficient through the use of LED bulbs. Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to, distributing bulbs to low-income housing units to assist residents in adopting energy-efficient technology, providing bulbs to people who may have challenges getting to a retail store, or upgrading lighting in a facility to reduce costs.
- Proposals should include the following:
- contact name and email address;
- a description of your organization;
- a short description of the project;
- how many ENERGY STAR® 9W A19 LED light bulbs are required; based on need from the various organizations that apply, we will do our best to fulfil the amount requested.
- other partners involved in the project;
- opportunities for our employees to provide support; and,
- any additional information that will support your proposal.
- Proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m., September 11th, 2020. No specific document format is required for your proposal.
- Please keep in mind current public health orders and physical distancing measures in your project’s initiative.
By email to MaketheSwitch@TakeChargeNL.ca