Take Charge of Your Bottom Line!
Drive your business forward with FREE energy-efficient equipment upgrades through the takeCHARGE Small Business Direct Install Pilot Program. Completing energy-efficient retrofits will help you save on energy costs.
What Is the takeCHARGE Small Business Direct Install Pilot Program?
The takeCHARGE Small Business Direct Install Pilot Program helps eligible businesses reduce energy consumption by upgrading lighting and water-saving technologies. The upgrades are available at no cost to the business. Eligible products include LED light bulbs, exit signs, aerators and more.
Find out if you’re eligible and request your free assessment by contacting:
Eligible Businesses Receive:
- Free on-site assessment of lighting and water-saving measures
- Free energy-efficient products
- Free installation of those energy-efficient products
Key Benefits Include:
- Lower electricity costs
- Reduced maintenance and operating costs
- Increased safety and security with lighting upgrades
- Better, more comfortable lighting
All Types of Businesses:
Eligible businesses include small and institutional facilities across several industries, such as:
- Retail stores
- Medical and pharmaceutical services
- Food and hospitality services
- Grocery and specialty food stores
- Pet and grooming services
- Automotive repair services
How It Works
Here’s How it Works
1. Our delivery partner will connect with eligible customers to schedule a free on-site assessment and start identifying energy-efficiency opportunities for your business.
2. After the assessment, you will be presented with options for energy-efficient upgrades that can be installed in your business free of charge. If you choose to proceed, you will be sent a participant agreement and work order for your review and signature.
3. Our delivery partner will handle the installation process on your behalf – including scheduling installations and project management of the retrofit and cleanup.
Is Your Business Eligible to Participate?
Businesses in select communities across Newfoundland and Labrador may qualify for this program. As this is a Pilot Program, only businesses in the selected communities below are eligible at this time. Additional communities may be added at a later date.
- Businesses must be a Rate 2.1 customer. Please review your Newfoundland Power or Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro bill for your customer status. For guidance on status identification, please check here for Newfoundland Power customers. Hydro customers can call 1-888-737-1296.
- Business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing building.
- Applies to retrofits only.
- Businesses that have previously received lighting rebates through the takeCHARGE Business Efficiency Program are not eligible.
- Businesses that have previously participated in the takeCHARGE Small Business Direct Install Pilot Program are not eligible.
- Businesses who rent or lease must agree to sign a waiver indicating that they have discussed any upgrades with the building owner(s).
- Eligible communities include:
- St. John’s
- Mount Pearl
- Conception Bay South
- Corner Brook
- Deer Lake
- Rocky Harbour
- Cow Head
- Norris Point
- Trout River
Find out more
For More Information
Contact our delivery partner today to see if you qualify and find out how the takeCHARGE Small Business Direct Install Pilot Program can help improve your bottom line, increase productivity, and enhance your employee and customer experience.
Contact Information for Delivery Partner
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate the Small Business Direct Install Pilot Program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.