High Performance T8 Lighting
- Cost effective – Save energy with this energy efficient lamp that usually costs under $5.
- Easy to install – You can install these lamps yourself if you have an electronic ballast.
- Save on electricity costs – T12 lamps can use 30-40% more energy than high performance T8s, while regular T8 lamps can use 20-30% more. Make the switch and start saving on your power bill every month.
- Cut maintenance costs – Don’t lose money and waste man hours replacing lamps. High performance T8 Lamps last up to 12 years or 36,000 hours.
- Better lighting performance. Provide higher quality light output, colour rendering and higher maintained light levels.
To be eligible your business must have an active electricity account and reside in an existing commercial building. Applies to retrofits only.
How to Buy & Install
You can purchase eligible high performance T8 lamps at a local lighting distributor, online or at any retailer selling products that meet the program requirements. Your lighting distributor is a great starting point for finding the right energy efficient lighting for your business.
Just make sure that the lamps meet the eligibility criteria.
Keep your receipt. You will need to submit a copy with your application showing the model number.
The high performance fluorescent lamp must be a 28W, T8 and be listed on the CEE Commercial Lighting Qualifying Product List.
T8 lamps must be purchased on or after August 1, 2016 and used at a commercial property.
How To Apply
Once your high performance T8 lights are installed you can apply online or by mail. Your rebate will be applied as a credit on your electricity bill.
Upload or mail a copy of your purchase receipt with your application.
Allow up to eight weeks for processing.
Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro may visit your facility and inspect the lighting installation at any time within 15 months from when the rebate was processed.
How to maximize your energy savings?
- If you are replacing lighting fixtures, it’s the perfect time to consider a lighting redesign to determine optimum lighting levels. The proper design may require less lighting energy.
- Turn off the lights after hours. You can also use lighting timers to do it for you automatically.
- Choose fixtures and ballasts that can be paired with occupancy sensors to further increase savings.
takeCHARGE reserves the right to change or terminate this rebate program at any time. If there is a difference between our printed materials and our website, please refer to the website for the most up-to-date program information.